30 November 2012

What's Your Secret?

Everyone has a secret.
“Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say “My tooth is aching” than to say “My heart is broken.”
~ C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Without pain and sorrow, we wouldn't understand pleasure and joy.
As much as we don't want bad things to happen, they must in order for good things to exist.

One of my secrets: I'm afraid of failure. 

I am sure many people are scared of it, but I am truly terrified. To put everything on the line and wait to see what happens, whether you fly or fall when the line is cut terrifies me.
 
What helps?
A good question, but it should be Who helps?.

Many people can.
Those who care and only laugh with and not at you.
Those who talk with you and not behind your back.
For me, it is my best friend and husband who is unfailing and without judgement.

What's your secret? Who helps you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type Comments and Reviews here.